Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

This forum is where you can submit ideas you may have for future improvements to our software systems. All ideas submitted are received and read thoroughly and repeatedly. We do not provide individual responses or detailed status updates on feature suggestions, but all your ideas are valued and considered. Some ideas take just a few days, some will take years, and some may not happen, but they all start by submitting them here. Any ideas you have are welcome!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

317 results found

1. View history of Game Requests as well as History of Responses (Accept & Decline)

View history of Game Requests as well as History of Responses (Accept & Decline). Maybe its there I just cant locate it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Start location by day, or date

Start location by day, or date. Allow Official to declare starting zip code for each day Mon-Sun which allows for a situation where Official has different start zip on work days. Should be over-writeable (in Availailability) for specific days when you know you'll only be available from (yet another) zip.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Messaging

Under the messaging tab, any new message requires selecting each individual official or selecting all. It would be nice if our individually created groups could be an option for selecting. As an example, we have several user groups for hockey (Referees at different Levels, Linesmen, Junior Referees, Timekeepers, etc). At times, we only wish to send messages out to Referees and Linesmen and not Timekeepers or Junior officials. Sometimes its the other way around. Rather than going in to our individual groups and sending messages, which means sending it out a few times, it would be nice to go in…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Member Directory - League Personnel

When viewing Members Directory, you can see what leagues the user is apart of without clicking on their name. Having many League personnel, quick views are easier to look at.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Batch Import for Custom Fields

A missing feature is the ability to use the system to track things like test scores, clinic attendance, etc. in order to report on it and establish whether an official is ready for assigning or if they should be blocked based on scores, etc.

Being able to define our own custom fields is great. Being able to batch load from excel would be even better and would make HWR considerably stronger in its application as an official management tool.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow an official to set a "max games per day" in their profile and then shut down availability once that number is met.

ie if I set my max to 2 games, once I have two games accepted in my schedule, close down my availability for that day. Would be great if this showed on the scheduler side as well so that if for instance, they tried to schedule an official for 3 games, it would show them that the official is only interesting in doing 2.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Right contact info of Assigner for upcoming game Notice email to team contacts

Could you change the name of the EMail from on the Upcoming game official notices to the Assigner's of that game name. I believe the name is coming from the account Administrator of system.
    OR remove the name.
    OR attached the assigner's info within the game notice.

We have multiple game code/assigners all going out attached with admin name.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add self assign option

We are having constant problems on last minute openings with TBA requests and the extra back and forth it causes. This includes assigning the official per their request and then it turns into "oh I can't do it and I never accepted it." Other platforms allow officials to seamlessly grab these openings sometimes in the middle of the night when the assignor needs to be sleeping. And since it's a committed assignment once they hit the button, they know they have to be committed to take it.

While the concerns you raise about self assign when explaining the TBA system…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Print second address line on paysheet

I print a paysheet for each official at payroll time. I write checks, and mail the paysheet and check to the official, to the address printed on the paysheet.

I have had several returned by the post office because the paysheet does not print the second address line from the official's profile. This was a problem because these officials have entered their apartment numbers in the second address line.

I am requesting that the second address line print on these paysheets when the official field is populated.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Filter TBA Requests by # of Officials per game

When officials are searching TBA Requests, allow them the ability to filter games by # of Officials. There are officials who only want to work games depending on how many officials are assigned to a game. Games codes often do not depict how many officials are on each game.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a VSP to System Setting 52 to prevent unqualified officials from seeing and requesting games they are not qualified for.

System setting 52, as is, allows an official to give an assignment to an unqualified official, even with the warning. This results me and assignors getting an "TBA Unqualified Warning!", which then means we now have to react and fix the problem, i.e., reassign the game to a qualified official. That, of course, completely defeats the benefits of allowing officials to swap assignments among themselves.

The ultimate goal of the TBA System is to ensure the game is covered and has assignments filled however, with system setting 52, officials are trying to swap games that are already covered and assignment…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow for Permission role at the Game Code Level within an Association

Allow permissions for League Personnel (or other non-official user) to be to specific game codes within and association. Would allow to give permission to view at certain age levels within a League.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hides the Preferences > System Time Zone display so local users only view/receive times in their respective time zone.

This will ensure users in different time zones are not confused by any reference to a time zone outside of their own (e.g. system changes, email notifications, etc.).

Alternatively, give us the ability to add time zones to our schedules. It is vital that all users interact with the platform in their local time zone.

Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include SportsEngine.com Game ID # in Game Schedule export report

Our league administrator uploads games from SportsEngine into Horizon and one of the tasks is to reconcile SportsEngine with Horizon periodically due to schedule changes in SportEngine. Including the SportsEngine game number in the schedule export file will aid greatly in the efficiency of reconciling the two systems.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Pay Details on Master Game Schedule

As a Treasurer for a Referee Association, it would be great to be able to hover overtop of the Officials on a game while looking at the Master Game Schedule and see their pay rate. Also, if there was an extra column while viewing the Master Game Schedule that would say the total rate for the game. This would allow us to make sure that the correct rate is assigned. We can't see this when doing a Billing for an Association as it doesn't break down how much each official is getting so if there is a discrepancy while doing…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to group rinks

Ability to filter master schedule by preset saved groups to be able to better assign specific areas.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Payment Voucher for Athletic Directors

Expand the printable payment voucher to the Athletic Directors portal when they click on game details.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a Column in the schedule view to see the Position

It would make my life easier if, when viewing the schedule, I could see my position, referee, and linesperson. Add position to details.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  For Officials  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. blocks off availability to all division ( not just the team) when the referee is playing their game

Have a way in the BLOCK system to make the official unavailable for all games when their team is playing. It is too hard to mark their availability when the game times may change and then they forget to change it.... I deal with a lot of minor refs and it is hard enough to get them to just mark their availability.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  For Officials  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?