Feature Requests

This forum is where you can submit ideas you may have for future improvements to our software systems. All ideas submitted are received and read thoroughly and repeatedly. We do not provide individual responses or detailed status updates on feature suggestions, but all your ideas are valued and considered. Some ideas take just a few days, some will take years, some may not happen, but they all start by submitting them here. Any ideas you have are welcome!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Officials to create game notes

Officials need a way to post notes to a game. In a situation where the period lengths are not what is being billed for, officials need to be able to create a note to indicate to the system admin that the fees need to be adjusted for a particular game.
    I know you have a Game Report option, but this is not an optional item. A game note would not necessarily need to be created for each game.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with HorizonWebRef.com
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add ability to attach files to a game report. I have leagues that have gamesheets/rosters that have to be submitted with the game report.

Allow for attaching pdf or jpg to a game report so referees don't have to send a separate email to do so as well as submitting report on Horizonwebref

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. allow importing of data for Custom Profile Fields

allow importing of data for Custom Profile Fields

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Customize Evaluation Form

It would be nice to have more control of the evaluation forms:
    - Add/Remove Questions
    - Change response types (similar to Custom Fields)
    - Difference forms for Observers, Umpires, and Coaches
    - Weight questions differently in overall score.

I would like to create a simple evaluation for coaches and umpires to use (1-2 questions plus comments). And a more in-depth form for observers to submit.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Timed email sending

Allow schedulers to compose email and decide if it should send then or at specific time or day

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dynamically Generate/Maintain Contact Groups based on Custom Fields

Allow Contact Groups to be generated and maintained based on custom field and manual rank data. I would like to create a contact group for all officials with Custom Field value of X. Without this if I want that contact group I have to manually maintain the custom field and the contact group.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow contact groups to be created for coaches and athletic directors

Ability to create contact groups for coaches and AD;s for specific league correspondence and information.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow Coaches to Edit Scores & Penalties

Once you've entered scores/penalties for a game you should be able to edit that in case you accidentally put something in wrong or forgot to put a penalty.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Keeps a draft of email

Is there a way to have a draft email, as in I start composing but close it and then come back to it later? That would be useful.

Leo

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change exporting format on custom profile fields

When exporting custom profile fields:

• merge fields into 1 record per user?

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Forums available via mobile app

I'd like to see the forums available the mobile application so the users can see and discuss topics from their phones.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Apps  ·  Admin →
  12. Be able to import coaches from a spreadsheet

It is very time consuming when you have 50+ coaches to add individually.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow different Address than Home to be used for mileage

Some officials attend college, and have a different local address than their mailing address. If the user can specify a different address than their home address to be used for mileage it would be helpful.

This address could be the work address or a different local address.

An alternative would be to expose the mileage calculations via the API and allow it to be overridden.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Check In / Out

Have the option for referees to check in on the app and check out when the game is complete. Have a report feature as well for administrators. Also allow notifications to referee team and administration.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Based on certain criteria, automatically apply a pre-defined travel fee to games

Would make our assignors lives a bit easier if there was a way to tell the travel/mileage system to automatically apply a travel fee for each official on the game if certain criteria are met.

I know not all associations have this, but most I know do some sort of single game fee.

Example:

Automatically add $5 travel to each official on all games that are:

Example League, Mite, Squirt or Peewee, Do not have a game within X minutes of the start time or end time of game in question.

If all of those conditions are met, the game…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Specify crew chief in bold or all caps

When working more than two umpires in baseball, we need to have a crew chief assigned. The crew chief is not always going to work the plate. So, we should be able to denote the crew chief without having to create four different positions with crew chief attached. This would make my assigning positions list less cumbersome.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Keeps schedule at the assignment so that we do not have to rescroll from the top for every accepted assignment.

Keep the assignment at the page do you do not have to keep scrolling down to a new one. Also a swipe to access the new assignment from the most recently accepted one would be nice too
    Sometimes I’ve had to scroll over 40+ assignments to accept new ones and there are times I’ve missed assignments because I scrolled too far and did not accept one !! This would be very helpful when you have 15-20 game assignments for a tournament !!

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Customize Official Ratings Questions by Position

We should be able to customize questions based on the position the official is working. For example, Positioning does not apply to a Timekeepers job.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow assignors to send out TBA when official sends Turnback Request

Currently we do not allow officials to send out TBA as we cannot control who gets the game - result could be an unqualified official. We do allow Turnback Requests but when the request comes in currently, we have to delete that official if we wish to send out a TBA Request. Would be great if a TBA Request could be sent out when an official sends in a Turnback Request. This way the official is still assigned to the game until someone responds to the TBA Request and the Assignor reassigns the game. Could go one step further and…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Highlight games that are not fully assigned in the Master Schedule

I see that you have declined this request in the past, but please reconsider.

When you have a busy schedule it would be much more efficient to be prompted in the schedule itself for missing assignments..even if the # column highlighted, or changed colors.

When you have many games with a limited number of officials its beneficial to view missing slots with the surrounding assignments....this is why filters aren't necessarily the best option

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base