Feature Requests

This forum is where you can submit ideas you may have for future improvements to our software systems. All ideas submitted are received and read thoroughly and repeatedly. We do not provide individual responses or detailed status updates on feature suggestions, but all your ideas are valued and considered. Some ideas take just a few days, some will take years, some may not happen, but they all start by submitting them here. Any ideas you have are welcome!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include payroll adjustment details on payroll reports

Having a description for any adjustments on the payroll report would make it much easier than searching in the Admin forms. Most officials wouldn't know this and end up asking the admin for help.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with HorizonWebRef.com
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Payments  ·  Admin →
  2. Sort TBA by referee position

In our association, we have 3 referee positions for each game (Referee, Assistant 1, Assistant 2). Often, when sending out TBAs, most officials only want to officiate as a referee, but there are still some officials who want to be assistants.

A feature to sort TBAs by referee position would be helpful, so that officials don't need to click into each match to see what positions are available. Most of our matches have referees assigned, but there are always a few spots, and searching through the whole list of sometimes in excess of 100 matches is quite tedious. Thank you!

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Team & League Payment Options

Only shows games listed as Pay by Team -- however -- your pay by team option is also used for "Paid at the game/Cash" -- which is how myself and many other assignors use it.

When really you need 3 options:

Paid at game/Cash
    Paid by Assignor
    Paid by Team or League

OR

You can add a flag to show either Paid by Team, or Paid by Assignor in the new payroll feature -- and I would recommend paid by assignor being the default option since they wouldn't be logging in to grab a payroll report if the assignor was…

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Payments  ·  Admin →
  4. For each Game Level have Manual Rank with "dependencies".

Manual Rankings are great to define minimum official skill required for a level. Please add a way to define rules so that if a given Game Level only has a 100 Ranked official, it requires a minimum 300 (more senior) ranked partner.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. allow game notes to be posted under the game edit feature

Place the game notes section in the game edit area. This way you can add notes detailing reasons for any changes made to a particular game rather than having to make the change, close the game editor, and open the notes feature.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Google Calendar Sync doesn't sync changes automatically when game information changes

Any game change made should be synced when the member has Google Calendar Sync enabled. The system knows there has been a change that was made, trigger the sync mechanism.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow only certain Game Types or Leagues to be TBA'd

We currently have three assignors and need a way for only one assignor's game types to be TBA'd by officials. Please correct me if I'm wrong as I believe the TBA system is either all on or all off.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Prevent certain people gaining contact information

As an assignor allowing Clients / observers to have access into my association. I would appreciate a feature that allows owner / admin of association the right to block certain Clients or others privilege in gaining access to all other Contractors information.

Think this is an important feature that must be added for protection of private information of contractors who do not wish to share their information to others.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Schedule Update - Upload CSV

When I update games (date/time/venue/etc) one-by-one the system sends the assigned officials a single message that says something has changed and they need to re-accept.

When I upload a CSV, all updated games are un-published and the system sends all assigned officials an email that they have been removed from the game

The assigner is then required to publish the games again, when this happens the officials are sent a new email saying they have new games.

This is confusing for officials and gives them the impression that games have been removed and not changed..

The system should be able…

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Customize Information that is Synced to Google Calendar

I would like to expand upon the limited ability to customize how an assignment appears when synced to Google Calendar.

As it stands now, we can give a generic name that populates to the Event Title, and not much else. The event description has all the other details of the assignment, but it may not be presented in a manner that best fits my needs.

What I'd like to see, is the ability to fully customize how that assignment appears in my calendar; not only the title, but the description/details as well. Let me choose what information is provided, and…

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Customize Incident Report

Most of the things on the incident report look good. For our league - and all of Oregon High School officiating, it is required for a RED CARD EJECTION that a phone call be made to the commissioner that day/evening. It would be nice to have a slot that asks "Phone Call To League Commissioner?"

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Customize Invoice Heading. Fonts, colors, logos, etc.

I like the invoice exporting, except the heading. It says Horizon Web Ref and is very bland. I would like to be able to customize a template for the heading to be able to add different fonts, colors, our organization's logo, the address of the receiver, just to name a few. It would be nice to be have full customization of the invoice heading.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Time Between Arena's for Scheduling

Can an option when setting up an arena that it takes 30 minutes to go to this arena or a global setting for 30 minutes between arena's, so that when scheduling it won't book 1 person to have a game at 11am for a 1 hour game at one arena, and then have that same person start another game at noon where it would be impossible as the person has to drive to the other arena. Either a global or a setting per arena.

Thanks

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Track TBAs posted by schedulers

Track the number of TBAs issued by scheduler.
    How many TBAs they are posting and how many days in advance those TBAs are being posted. This would be helpful in grading assignors/schedulers.

This would track games being posted rather than being accepted

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. View all ratings by each coach

Report that allows assignors to see all ratings for the season by each coach in league

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Number of officials link changes color when game is full

Is there a way for the number of officials in each game to change colors once it full? example 2/3 would be red and when a third official accepts the game it changes to 3/3 and to the color green?

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Turnbacks and blocking calendars

If an official turns back a game on a particular day, is there a way to default their calendar to closed on that day if the turn back is accepted?

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allows Members to Email non-members or coach contacts listed in entered team info

Currently our assigner has entered host school info for the high schools we are calling games for. We as officials have to contact the coaches prior to our games for various reason. As it is now, we click on the email links in this area of the program and it sends you to the members email area but when you click on the to: draw down all that is there are the umpires. So to send the email I am having to copy past the email address into an external email system.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Able to Assign an official instead of only offer them an assignment.

There are times we need to just assign them a game because the game was missed and they stepped up to cover. It would help.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Edit Columns On Invoice

On the invoicing form, we should be able to select the available columns more easily. Currently there are columns for "Travel" and "Other" in there. We don't typically use either of them. If we could eliminate them, and alter their names, that would be more helpful. Our organization refers to the schedulers fee as an "Admin" fee, and I'm sure other organizations do things a little differently as well. This would give us more customization and flexibility.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base