Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

This forum is where you can submit ideas you may have for future improvements to our software systems. All ideas submitted are received and read thoroughly and repeatedly. We do not provide individual responses or detailed status updates on feature suggestions, but all your ideas are valued and considered. Some ideas take just a few days, some will take years, and some may not happen, but they all start by submitting them here. Any ideas you have are welcome!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

129 results found

1. Create a counter summary report by official for all status captured by date range and ability to export to csv file

In the master schedule, the counter summary screen. Allow a date range to be selected, check box for which officials of interest and display summary of accepted, declined, turned back etc. Allow this output to be exported to a csv file.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to record No Shows

The issue of No Shows is always a problem & currently I record it as a declined game after the event so that I have some way of keeping track, however, this means I must delete all the real declined games on the day of the game so I have no way of keeping track of these.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to Add Game Notes to Multiple Games

I would like to be able to add the same note to multiple games at once--without having to go into each individual game.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automatically links a scheduled game to the Pointstreak gamesheet for that game.

Many ice hockey organizations in the US currently use Pointstreak for their game recordkeeping needs. Each game scheduled has a game sheet created for it, which lists the rosters for each team and, following the game, shows all of the goals, penalties assessed, etc.

It would be incredibly convenient to be able to use my Horizon schedule to link directly to the Pointstreak game sheet for each game. If a game sheet is available before the event, I can use it to review eligible players before arriving at the rink.

If I need to fill out a game report for…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Automatically give a TBA to first response

When requesting a game from another official on the TBA board, it should be on a first come, first serve basis. Instead of having the official trading the game decide who gets it and have to confirm, the game should automatically appear on that official's schedule, the moment he requests it. This would eliminate any bias as to who does games, and simplify the whole process.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Assigners to send a TBA when game has been turned back

I have games that are turned back, but dont want to remove the official until I have found a replacement, but send a TBA. (our officials do not have the authority to send TBA only assigners)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Messaging

Under the messaging tab, any new message requires selecting each individual official or selecting all. It would be nice if our individually created groups could be an option for selecting. As an example, we have several user groups for hockey (Referees at different Levels, Linesmen, Junior Referees, Timekeepers, etc). At times, we only wish to send messages out to Referees and Linesmen and not Timekeepers or Junior officials. Sometimes its the other way around. Rather than going in to our individual groups and sending messages, which means sending it out a few times, it would be nice to go in…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Referee Game cards

The ability to create the referee game cards by selecting a game or games for the day

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Flag or Highlight Games for review

Add a "Flag" button to the Master Schedule that will allow an assignor to set flags or reminders to themselves for any game in the schedule regardless of its status.

For busy schedules it would be very helpful to be able to have a visual cue to check back on a game for any number of reasons.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Include SportsEngine.com Game ID # in Game Schedule export report

Our league administrator uploads games from SportsEngine into Horizon and one of the tasks is to reconcile SportsEngine with Horizon periodically due to schedule changes in SportEngine. Including the SportsEngine game number in the schedule export file will aid greatly in the efficiency of reconciling the two systems.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Shows the last dates the a referee worked a certain team on officials metrics

Shows the last dates the a referee skated a certain team while checking out the matrix instead of just how many times he has seen that team

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pay Details on Master Game Schedule

As a Treasurer for a Referee Association, it would be great to be able to hover overtop of the Officials on a game while looking at the Master Game Schedule and see their pay rate. Also, if there was an extra column while viewing the Master Game Schedule that would say the total rate for the game. This would allow us to make sure that the correct rate is assigned. We can't see this when doing a Billing for an Association as it doesn't break down how much each official is getting so if there is a discrepancy while doing…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Game Breakdown on Assign a game via Master Game Schedule,

Our association uses members in multiple functions and have multiple assignors.

Assignors have requested when consulting master game schedule page, then assign a game :

When scrolling over fields PRIOR GAMES & GAMES (giving total game count) a little window that pops up with more detailed break-down.

For example :

8 - Timekeeper
    6 - Referee
    2 - Supervisor

(You can already do a game comparison via the availability page, but it means having to jump back and forth constantly to verify which people have worked what, when trying to equalize game counts).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add self assign option

We are having constant problems on last minute openings with TBA requests and the extra back and forth it causes. This includes assigning the official per their request and then it turns into "oh I can't do it and I never accepted it." Other platforms allow officials to seamlessly grab these openings sometimes in the middle of the night when the assignor needs to be sleeping. And since it's a committed assignment once they hit the button, they know they have to be committed to take it.

While the concerns you raise about self assign when explaining the TBA system…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to group rinks

Ability to filter master schedule by preset saved groups to be able to better assign specific areas.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. has a column in the 'bill tos' section of the members directory that shows which bill to the member is attached to

next to the contact to feature which bill to the member is attached to. This should be a very quick and simple fix and would help me a lot. When I am asked to contact one of our bill to's... I currently just look at which town they live in and hope its the right person...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Games Added within 5 Days Have to Be Approved

If games are added without enough notice, then it could be missed by our assigner.

When games are entered 5 days (can be modified) the game should have to be approved to be added.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Location Notes

It would be nice to have a notes field in the location record in which a person can add addition information such as parking information, etc...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Decline and Turn Back reporting to include the position originally assigned to

While it is nice to have the basic information of match date, time, competition included in the counter listing, could you also please add the Position that they were assigned to when they declined/turned back an appointment.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow for auto-assign run limited to officials that submit TBA requests

I use the TBA system liberally and put most of my game out on TBA to gauge interest. To be able to auto-assign games solely used officials that responded to TBA request would allow me to fill those games solely with officials that expressed desire to do the game. I could then run a separate auto-assign for the rest of the games using the rest of the officials.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base