Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

This forum is where you can submit ideas you may have for future improvements to our software systems. All ideas submitted are received and read thoroughly and repeatedly. We do not provide individual responses or detailed status updates on feature suggestions, but all your ideas are valued and considered. Some ideas take just a few days, some will take years, and some may not happen, but they all start by submitting them here. Any ideas you have are welcome!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

301 results found

1. Edit Date in Payroll Adjustments

I think it would be a great idea if you can edit the date in the Payroll Adjustments. Whether you want to back date it or put it for a future date, so the adjustment can show up in the proper pay period. Right now it is dated when you enter the adjustment and if it is not the period you want the pay the individual, you are out of luck.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. text message notification when TBA games posted

It would be great if a text alert notification could be sent, as we receive now when we are assigned a game to confirm, when TBA games are posted. This will help so that checking my email 50 times a day isn't necessary. Missing out in games that were only posted within a few hours because I didn't know about them. This would extremely helpful.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Mass Payment

Rearding Mass Payment - I would really appreciate being able to remove certain officials when wanting to pay out using the Mass Payment option. To have an "X" be their names on the Mass Payment list of all officials about to be paid and how much owed would be great!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Only Allow Team Personnel To Select Certain Dropdowns Values When Entering/Editing Their Games

Right now, they can enter in any details, and most just do the minimal amount of work, which messes with Payroll at the end of the month because there are a bunch of inappropriately marked games.

When I create a new A.D. or Team Personnel, HWR should let me multiselect which League, Team, Game Levels, and whether Paid at Game or Assignor Paid.

And whatever I select when adding that user, or editing that user, will be available to the team personnel when adding or editing games.

Would help keep the data and system clean and organized and would save…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add game codes and official positions to the payroll report

On the payroll report it is really plain and only shows the actual games that an official has completed but that is it. I need to know exactly what level each official has done and whether they were the referee and linesman.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bulk Cancel Games on mobile devices

When an entire nights games are rained out, I have to be near a computer to cancel them. I want to be able to cancel them the same way you publish them. otherwise I need to do each game individually.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OAuth Support

I would love to be able to have officials in my Association be able to login to our website's Referee's section using their HorizonWebRef.com account and not have to create and maintain a separate account on this other website.

I would love to see Horizon become more of a platform that all officiating applications build off of, and this is an easy first step to making Horizon central.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Turnbacks and blocking calendars

If an official turns back a game on a particular day, is there a way to default their calendar to closed on that day if the turn back is accepted?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. email notification on add game screen.

When adding new single game[lease add an option to email assignors to let them know that a new game has been added to the schedule.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. allow emailing multiple documents

Unless I am missing it, I am trying to send multiple documents in a single email.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A Graphical Trendline/Timeline (line chart) of game Assignments by Official

Again this feature would be great to have a quick visual to see overall how the assignor has been distributing games to help "smooth" out the distribution instead of just having a "balanced" overall season end of total games for each official, yet may have had major peaks/valley's (30 games one month, 2 the next, etc). Again, both Excel output for printing as well as online so can be used by smart devices without excel.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When using mileage reimbursement system, do not require an input with every assignment

Either:

1) Allow a blank value in the assigning window

OR

2) If you don't want to allow a blank value in the drop down, have an option to set $0.00 as default in the mileage table.

Requiring assignors to enter both a position and the mileage amount from two drop downs significantly slows down the assigning process.

I'm going to have to remove this feature and do mileage on another system now.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve issued an update to the mileage tables that now allows you to restrict the mileage vales only to certain leagues and/or game codes. This should help with this situation since any game that has no applicable mileage values will auto-fill to $0.00 as you’re describing.

Restricting your mileages only to the applicable leagues or game codes will now help alleviate the need to select $0.00 on game types that don’t need mileage payments and only require a selection on the game types that have potential mileage values.

Hope that helps. Thank you.

14. Game decline will block availability on that date

Add an option to Feature and Settings.... that if selected, will automatically block an officials calendar on the game's date if a game is declined or turned back.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re not in favor of automatically blocking availability, however, we have incorporated a new feature today which will prompt officials immediately to close their availability for a day when they decline an assignment. To use the new feature, you’ll need to ensure the Availability Locking system (Feature #3) is set to either “Only if unaccepted” or “Never” in order to permit officials to immediately change their calendar when they decline an assignment. Thanks for submitting an idea.

15. Would like to add notes for specific referee's in the directory which can only be viewed by assignor.

Just like refs can do when creating their availability. Have a note by each refs name in the directory so I can view their level with comments. I use over 150 refs, hard to remember everything about everyone when I assign games.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature has been completed. You can now view/edit notes from the Members Directory for any user. Simply select the new yellow note icon to the left of their name to begin a new note or view/edit existing notes. Viewing/editing notes is only available to schedulers, observers and supervisors. Thanks for the idea!

16. The user generated TBA has the same data as Assignor's TBA. (Date/Time/Arena)

This would allow users to know right away if they are available instead of having to sign on and go through the web site. Would also assist the scheduler in knowing faster which games were put up for grabs.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add "upcoming" and "completed" games buttons

I think there should be both an upcoming and completed game button in the official game schedule. I found it very difficult to set the filter to only show upcoming games.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have completed a new feature that addresses this issue. We’ve added a warning dialog that will warn you when a new game conflicts with a date/time/location of an existing game. This way you can see before submitting the game whether or not a conflict exists. Thank you for the idea.

19. Limit Number of Assignments Per Day

I would like a way to set a limit on the number of games allowed for in a particular day.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature was somewhat completed in a previous update. The documents section is now sorted alphabetically. Moving items up or down in the directory is simply a matter for changing the alphabetically representation of the document’s name. We will most likely not incorporate any further sorting to make it easier for users to find the items by searching alphabetically. Thank you for the suggestion.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base