Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

This forum is where you can submit ideas you may have for future improvements to our software systems. All ideas submitted are received and read thoroughly and repeatedly. We do not provide individual responses or detailed status updates on feature suggestions, but all your ideas are valued and considered. Some ideas take just a few days, some will take years, and some may not happen, but they all start by submitting them here. Any ideas you have are welcome!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

365 results found

1. doesn't print cancelled games

When I print to PDF or MS Word, all the games show up. Games that are cancelled show up but do not have the 'Action' column with them. Can you either not include the cancelled games or include the 'Action' column so that it is clear that the game has been cancelled. I send this document to the teams so they have the referee contact information should they not show up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Has drop down boxes or suggestions on formats

I am trying to submit an incided report and it won't take because I don't know the rule #, I don't know the format and is it really that necessary??

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we have decided not to incorporate this at this time. The rule number input is a free-form text box that will accept any format for the rule number. You may enter any format desired to indicate to your scheduler the applicable rule for the incident you are reporting. Thank you for submitting an idea.

3. Does not require street numbers for google maps

Many locations in Australia can be referenced in Google Maps by name and do not require street numbers (when adding venue).
    e.g.
    Kingston Heath Reserve, Cheltenham, Victoria, Australia

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Availability older than 3 months in the past

As an assignor I am in the process of reviewing the activity of my officials from last season going into this season. I have some officials who have worked very little and that I am considering dropping and replcaing them with other people who are looking to work. Without the ability to look back more than 3 months at what their availability was, I can't determine if they worked so little because I passed them over or if they were just not available. It would seem to be far more valuable to be able to look at historical info going…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Auto Assign Update - Single Game

Some officials don't like to come in for just one game. Allow a parameter or adjustment to be made for those officials who only will go to certain rinks for two or more games.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With our current Auto-Assign feature you can make sure officials get multiple games using the Game Linking system. The Game Linking system can still be used with Auto-Assign and the system will schedule your officials to all games within a link set to ensure that officials get back-to-back games (for example).

6. Search for other umpires

there should be a link with all umpires information, phone number, email so that if an umpire needs to find a replacement they can click the link and start calling umpires.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add my email signatures to every message

I would like to save my email signature and send that out with every message I send to my officials

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Meeting Invites

allow any official or person to be invited to a meeting even if they didn't mark themselves available.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature already exists. An official does not need to be “Available” in order to be invited to a meeting. Officials can be invited all at once using the Invite-All option or if you want to invite individually you can invite officials from both (or either) the Available and Unavailable lists.

9. Game assignments on Google calendar

Currently the fact of the assignment gets copied to the calendar but not the specifics example: "Game Assignment" what would be more helpful is the specifics "BB Plate CR 70 Location.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature already exists. The system does already include full details with every Google Calendar entry. What you’re referring to is just the title of the event. Opening the event will reveal the full detailed information. Hope that helps. Thank you.

10. Add the Game code to the Reminders box

As the Administrator I see all the Reminders for games
    Example: Game # 1271722 has not been fully assigned........
    If the Game code was added I would know right away that this is a Bantam AAA game
    New layout would be
    Game # 1271722 has not been fully assigned ( Bantam AAA )

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Include Game Fees on Master/Personal Game Schedules

Include Game Fees on Coach/AD Game Schedules. This is being requested by several of my Athletic Directors.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Decline by assignment Report

I would like to suggest a report that will record and show declines by person over a selected period of time so that we can determine who are biggest offenders of turning back assignments are.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Showing remaining money/games for leagues that pay ahead of time.

All of our leagues pay their game fees in advance. It would be very effective and efficient if I was able to have something to show me exactly how much money/how many games each league has left of what they have paid me, so I can bill them accordingly. This would make things easier for both me AND the leagues that have site access. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Makes for easier cancellation of a entire day's Master Schedule

Perhaps a 'check all' button plus a 'cancel all checked' button. I have about 12 DHs every Sunday, and if its a wash out day, this would be faster and easier.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This exact feature already exists. You can use the checkboxes to the left of the game to select the appropriate games to cancel. You can also use the “Check-All” option at the top of the checkbox column to select all the day’s games. Using the “Cancel Games” option in the top menu (under the Publishing icon) you can then cancel all the selected games at once. Hope that helps. Thank you.

15. Add option to BCC: email messages

Would like to send selected group email messages without the recipient's seeing names of others who received the email (background check situations).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. PLEASE update the Kindle app - thank you!

at least before softball season starts here in the East....

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Single Game

We charge a different fee for some of our leagues, if they schedule a single game. Is there a way to include a spot for that when games are being entered into Horizon? Maybe a check box or something that would indicate to the system to add an additional user defined fee to that game? Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature already exists. You should use separate game codes for single games vs. non-single games. This allows you to set different pay rates for each and also allows your league to indicate whether the game is a single or not when adding the game. Hope that helps. Thank you.

18. Different Scheduler's Fees for Different Leagues

Currently the scheduler's fee is global. It would be hugely beneficial if the schedulers fee or admin fee could differ by game code, league, team, etc. We charge different fees to different teams and organizations to schedule officials, and as current, we must invoice all of our teams with fee of X, then change the fee and invoice teams that are charged Y. It's a bottle neck and a pain. Thanks for your consideration.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature already exists. You can use the Positions table to manage separate billable fees instead of using the global scheduling fees. For example, setting a billable fee of $100 with a $10 deduction would mean that the league would be billed $100 including the $10 scheduling fee, the official would receive $90. Hope that helps. Thank you.

19. allow the user to accept open assignments and read notes when not being able to accept another assignment due to schedule changes needed to

When you do not accept ALL assignments (meetings for the future are listed also, and may not be able to be determined due to varying work schedule or unknown contracts yet to be had, allow the reading of notes on ACCEPTED ASSIGNMENTS, please.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature already exists. The feature you’re referring to is controlled by your scheduler. Your scheduler can enable/disable this option as they desire. You would need to contact your scheduler as this is their preference they’ve set. Hope that helps. Thank you.

20. allows the message to tell you the location/school name for the assignment

When an assignment comes through with a date/time, can you add the school name/location, as some of us have multiple assignments on the same days.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature already exists, when possible. Text messages, by their nature, are limited to only 160 characters. Our system will automatically include the location of an assignment in the text message, if and when it will fit within the character limit. Unfortunately, if the name cannot fit, it is not possible to add it to the text message. We don’t control the limit on text message length as that is a universal limit imposed by wireless carriers. Hope that answers your question. Thank you.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base