Feature Requests

This forum is where you can submit ideas you may have for future improvements to our software systems. All ideas submitted are received and read thoroughly and repeatedly. We do not provide individual responses or detailed status updates on feature suggestions, but all your ideas are valued and considered. Some ideas take just a few days, some will take years, some may not happen, but they all start by submitting them here. Any ideas you have are welcome!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Schedule Update - Upload CSV

When I update games (date/time/venue/etc) one-by-one the system sends the assigned officials a single message that says something has changed and they need to re-accept.

When I upload a CSV, all updated games are un-published and the system sends all assigned officials an email that they have been removed from the game

The assigner is then required to publish the games again, when this happens the officials are sent a new email saying they have new games.

This is confusing for officials and gives them the impression that games have been removed and not changed..

The system should be able…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with HorizonWebRef.com
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Ability to record No Shows

The issue of No Shows is always a problem & currently I record it as a declined game after the event so that I have some way of keeping track, however, this means I must delete all the real declined games on the day of the game so I have no way of keeping track of these.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Highlight games that are not fully assigned in the Master Schedule

I see that you have declined this request in the past, but please reconsider.

When you have a busy schedule it would be much more efficient to be prompted in the schedule itself for missing assignments..even if the # column highlighted, or changed colors.

When you have many games with a limited number of officials its beneficial to view missing slots with the surrounding assignments....this is why filters aren't necessarily the best option

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. linked position rather than linked games

ex. we run a 3 official system. 2 refs and 1 timekeeper. if there are 5 games in a night, generally the timekeeper stays for all 5 and the refs stay for either 2 or 3 games. I also like to stagger the refs so one ref does 3 games with someone only doing 2, then the next ref comes in for 3 games and he does 1 with the original ref for 1 game and his last 2 with a new official that comes in for 2 games.

the way the system works now, i can only link the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Number of officials link changes color when game is full

Is there a way for the number of officials in each game to change colors once it full? example 2/3 would be red and when a third official accepts the game it changes to 3/3 and to the color green?

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow all assignors the option to receive notifications when officials decline or have not accepted games.

Currently decline notifications or unaccepted assignments are only sent to the the person that made the assignment. It would be very helpful especially if you have two or more assignors working together that both receive and can view those turn backs, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Automatically update game ID's set by user default.

Under System Settings>Preferences>Set your own Game ID's. When you chose yes, add a box to add a starting numerical value. So they automatically update every time, instead of needing to add every time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Need a "not applicable" option on ratings page

When assessing umpires, not all of the categories apply to all officials. It would be nice to have not applicable on the 1-10 scale.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Report all CSV import errors at once instead of just the first one found

It would appear that the validation process when importing games from a csv file, finds the first error on a line and reports that only. It would be better if the validation process reports all errors on a line so they can all be fixed at the same time rather than having to read the file in again to show the next error.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Location Notes

It would be nice to have a notes field in the location record in which a person can add addition information such as parking information, etc...

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Separate ratings by game codes

I would like to be able to view the officials that officiate certain game codes and rank them. Now an official that is officiating lower game codes may be doing very well and he is ranked at the top and an official that is officiating higher level game that are more difficult his ratings might not be as good therefore his ranking is much lower. The old idea of apples to apples not apple to oranges.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Display Total Mileage $ on Master Game Schedule

Here in the uk, we have set maximum mileage a home team can be charged for match officials. It would be very helpful to see both on game assignment screen at the top, and in the Master game schedule, maybe next to the 2/3, the total mileage value of the officials currently assigned.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create an individual assignment history link

Create a function that allows an assignor to click on the name of an available official (that he/she does not know) and quickly see a history of assignment levels worked by the individual, even if assigned by others. This would help to identify if an individual has prior experience in similar/comparable game levels and eliminate the need for an assignor to leave their scheduling screen and view a public schedule of the individual's history and streamline the scheduling process a bit.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Games Added within 5 Days Have to Be Approved

If games are added without enough notice, then it could be missed by our assigner.

When games are entered 5 days (can be modified) the game should have to be approved to be added.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Event contact

We utilize a contact name and phone # at each of the events we staff. Is there a way to add a column for this or allow this to be imported into the note for each event?

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Include Game Details in a Game Export Report

It would be helpful to include game details in a Game Export Report
    - Game Created Date/Time by Whom (most important at the moment)
    Other fields could include:
    - Assignment Published Date/Time
    - Game Accepted Date/Time
    - Game Turnbacks/Declines

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Don't email assignor when scheduling myself

It would be helpful to have the system automatically determine that if I make a change to the schedule, for which I am both the allocator/assignor and the umpire, it doesn't send me an email / text.

If John Doe makes a change to a game for which John Doe is assigned, John Doe should not get an email, but if Alice Smith makes a change to a game for which John Doe is assigned, John Doe should get the email.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adding a filter to the Master Game Schedule so we could select a day of the week within a date range

I would like to pick a specific community or league for a Tuesday for example and the same field number so I could schedule the same umpire on that field all summer long. It makes it easier to schedule instead of just going everyday of the week for that community. We have set schedules for many umpires and then fill in the blanks for the games left over with whoever is available. This would make scheduling even easier for us!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow mileage to be calculated when importing assignments

When importing a schedule, allow mileage to be updated/calculated for 1 or 2 slots (similar to auto-assign).

If the mileage amount changes, there is no way to go an update all games except individually.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base