Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

This forum is where you can submit ideas you may have for future improvements to our software systems. All ideas submitted are received and read thoroughly and repeatedly. We do not provide individual responses or detailed status updates on feature suggestions, but all your ideas are valued and considered. Some ideas take just a few days, some will take years, and some may not happen, but they all start by submitting them here. Any ideas you have are welcome!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

301 results found

1. Automatically Block the entire day when on official declines an assignment

Currently, if an official declines an assignment, the system blocks them for that specific assignment, but they still show to be available for other games on that day. It would be helpful if they were blocked from all games for that date.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re not in favor of automatically blocking availability, however, we have incorporated a new feature today which will prompt officials immediately to close their availability for a day when they decline an assignment. To use the new feature, you’ll need to ensure the Availability Locking system (Feature #3) is set to either “Only if unaccepted” or “Never” in order to permit officials to immediately change their calendar when they decline an assignment. Thanks for submitting an idea.

2. Field Bulk Upload

You should be able to bulk upload fields the same way you do teams. Either upload a file with the addresses themselves or the latitude and longitude.

(I have 290 fields to load and it's going to take me a long time).

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. searching for games

While using the "Jump to game number" box it would be great to be able to use a wild card in the search string.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been completed. You may now use the asterisk * as a wildcard when searching for game numbers using the “Jump to game number” search box on the navigation menu. Multiples asterix may be used at any place in the search box if you need multiple wildcards. Thank you for submitting an idea.

4. Please add second letter of official first name plus first letter to the master schedule screen.

Name, J. Ellis(Jason Ellis) and J. Ellis(Jenna Ellis ) appear as same name on master schedule screen, officials are too lazy /confused to click on names to see who is working.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Disable accounts without deleting them

Because officials registration expire 11.30 each year is it possible to disable their account temporarily until they complete their certification process? Rather than deleting them until they get completed?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Removing Official from Linked assignments on Mobile Apps

When an official declines a set of games or if I simply need to juggle the schedule, the mobile app doesn't allow me to "remove official from linked assignments" like we can when using HWR on a PC. It has to be done game by game. I use Android, am I missing something or is it the same for everyone?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Link unaccepted games to the notification on the home page for assignors to go directly to the game

Put a link in to unaccepted games so the assignor can click it and go directly to the game. Rather than having to search the persons schedule to find the unaccepted game.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Delete multiple games at once

Really would like to be able to delete multiple games at once rather than deleting each game at a time. Sometimes games get messed up and would be nice to click all the games you wanted deleted and delete at once to save time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Grouped Game Shading

Sometimes when you group you forget how you grouped the games, and without a lot of clicking it's hard to remember. I suggest shading, or color the line of each game the same color that are grouped, so that you can tell more easily if you did it the way you intended. It would save a bunch of back and forth.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Keep my group filter selection when I choose "unavailable officials"

when assigning I select my group filter, then often need to check unavailable officials, this the forgets my group filter and I have to wait for all officials to reload again.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Map view

When you go to assign a game and you can see near by officials on the map. It would be nice to see them by groups instead of all of the officials. We usually try and make our head referee pickup our linesmen on the way to the rink and it would be easier to see this.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been completed. Proximity Maps on both the Members Directory and the Master Game Schedule pages now have the ability to filter by Contact Groups. Additionally, a new proximity map has been added to the top toolbar of the Assigning Window for schedulers to get a more refined Proximity Map of only the available (or unavailable) officials for a particular game while they are in the midst of the assigning process. Thank you for submitting an idea.

12. context or rationale for canceled games

ISSUE: As a scheduler I would like to see an optional text box opened up when I go to cancel an Assigned, Published and Accepted game. The associated text information (ratioanle or context for cancelation) would then be sent to the umpires affected whrn the scheduling tool dispatches the cancelation notice via email
    as of right now, I cannot find a way to do this without first sending an email to the affected umpires, then cancel the game

Unlike a Turnback request - where an Umpire can add context or rationale for turning back a game....and the scheduler has this…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The system will now prompt for a cancellation reason when cancelling a game. The reasoning is included in email notifications and on the Game Details page. You may also use the Schedule Filters to search specifically for a few of the key cancellations reasons such as weather and postponement to quickly reschedule those games using our regular rescheduling methods. Thanks for submitting an idea!

13. Mass Edit of Games

It woudl be nice to mass edit game schedules. When having a whole night to reschedule, it would be nice to be able to update all dates and not just have to do 1 game at a time without having to export and re-import. When dealing with 80 games a night it is a pain.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. allow officials ratings using mobile apps

Most observers have access to mobile app only when observing an official. Having access to the rating feature would probably increase the feedback received from observers

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. On mobile app schedule show home team first.

Currently in the details section it shows the visiting team first rather than the home team. I honestly don't care who the visiting team is, I need to know where I need to be. Therefore, listing the game as "Home Team vs Visiting team would be much quicker and easier and just make more sense.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When linking games give each linked set a link number. when i link games for a busy day i only see the linked icon, not specifically which n

replace the link icon with a identifier number specific to that link instead of the same icon on the whole page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Game Linking System icons are now presented to assignors and schedulers with a varying background color to help quickly visualize which games belong to which link set without needing to open the entire Link Set for viewing. Each link set will have its own randomly generated color assigned while viewing your schedule. Thank you for submitting an idea.

17. Ability to import bulk teams.

would like the ability to import bulk teams. You have this ability for game schedules which is fantastic,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allows Assignors to change Official's positions in the Mobile App.

Create a feature similar to the Desktop version that allows officials to be moved from one position to another in the same game without having to remove and re-assign.

Officials should not have to re-accept when this is done.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Observation Ratings Sent to Officials

Would it be possible to send the rating directly to the official being rated, as well as the Assignor and Observers?

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to comment on videos from the ios and android app

Right now you have you use the desktop site to be able to add a comment to the videos. A lot of people use mobile devices and don't always remember to comment on the video when they sit down at their computer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Apps  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?