Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

This forum is where you can submit ideas you may have for future improvements to our software systems. All ideas submitted are received and read thoroughly and repeatedly. We do not provide individual responses or detailed status updates on feature suggestions, but all your ideas are valued and considered. Some ideas take just a few days, some will take years, and some may not happen, but they all start by submitting them here. Any ideas you have are welcome!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

301 results found

1. Payment for mobile

I use the mobile version on my samsung galaxy and would love to see the payment column on the My Game Schedule as our association gets payed by each ball park which means multiple checks every month and the easiest way to track who has paid me is with the payment column.

Cheers

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Home State / Province / Region

Please add East Riding of Yorkshire

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Availability Calendar Option

In the UK, we only really play Ice Hockey at the Weekend.
    We would much rather have the availability calendar showing Monday to Sunday, with Sat and Sun together on the right hand side.
    Maybe in System settings an option could be added as to whether to show the calendar starting on a Sun or Mon ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been completed. You may now specify the day in which your calendars start in your System Settings under the Preferences tab using the “Start Week On” parameter. When set, this parameter will adjust all your calendars to reflect the new setting. Additionally, individual users may override your organization’s choice in their Personal Profile if their personal preference is different. By default, they will use the organization’s preference, though, unless they specify otherwise. Thank you.

4. Interface with League Athletics & other websites

League Athletics's websites integrates with one of your competitors to sync ref scheduling. It would be fantastic if Horizon Web Ref would, also.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show # of Official Positions on Public Schedule

Add a column that shows the # of officials assigned to a game on the public schedule.
    Ex:
    0/2
    1/2
    2/2
    etc...

This would allow officials browsing the public games to see if there are any games that have still not been filled.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allows an Assignor to see who published a game

It would be helpful if Assignors could see who published a game. Currently you can view which Assignor entered the game and the time it was published but not who.actually published the game. It would make tracking errors much easier.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allows me to subscribe (with Outlook) to my calendar via webcal

Webcal's are internet calendars that can be subscribed to with Outlook, Google Calendar, iPhone and other PIM's.
    I would like to be able to subscribe to my calendar via a webcal or similar internet calendar publication.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This option is now available using the iCal synchronize URL link. The link, provided at the top of your Game Schedule page (using the non-mobile version of the system) will allow you to copy the link to any outside calendar program that supports the iCal file format to automatically synchronize your calendar of assignments. Thank you for submitting an idea.

8. Integrate with Sport Ngin

I use Sport Ngin as the example only because I know they have a (private) API and they have invested a ton of money, time and effort partnering with USA Hockey to push their service onto all of USAH -- and it's had some success -- I think there's only 1 or 2 Hockey league or team sites that are not on Sport Ngin. 3 Years ago, nobody was on Sport Ngin, so they're growing fast...

The one integration I can think of, today, that is urgent, is the scheduling...

It would be fantastic to connect HWR to Ngin and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Send one assignment notice email per day

Send one email for the assignments notice three days out. Make it like the notification that comes on the day of an assignment where they are all combined.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Game decline will block availability on that date

Add an option to Feature and Settings.... that if selected, will automatically block an officials calendar on the game's date if a game is declined or turned back.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re not in favor of automatically blocking availability, however, we have incorporated a new feature today which will prompt officials immediately to close their availability for a day when they decline an assignment. To use the new feature, you’ll need to ensure the Availability Locking system (Feature #3) is set to either “Only if unaccepted” or “Never” in order to permit officials to immediately change their calendar when they decline an assignment. Thanks for submitting an idea.

11. Multiple Calendar sync

Have the ability to sync with one or more email accounts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This option is now available using the iCal synchronize URL link. The link, provided at the top of your Game Schedule page (using the non-mobile version of the system) will allow you to share the link with others so they can see your calendar of assignments. Thank you for submitting an idea.

12. Payment tab for reoccuring games

would like to have a box added with the reoccuring game adder so you can put in a T or an A

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Observers to view Meeting Attendees

Only "Assignors" are able to see who is attending the meeting. Is it possible to allow "Observers" to be able to see who is attending a meeting.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Only Allow Team Personnel To Select Certain Dropdowns Values When Entering/Editing Their Games

Right now, they can enter in any details, and most just do the minimal amount of work, which messes with Payroll at the end of the month because there are a bunch of inappropriately marked games.

When I create a new A.D. or Team Personnel, HWR should let me multiselect which League, Team, Game Levels, and whether Paid at Game or Assignor Paid.

And whatever I select when adding that user, or editing that user, will be available to the team personnel when adding or editing games.

Would help keep the data and system clean and organized and would save…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show notation when official looks at assignment, but doesn't accept/decline

Show a different color for when an official had come into their schedule and looking at their game but neither accepted or declined game yet.

132 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allows the editing of travel plans instead of having to delete and create a new entry.

Currently, when you need to make a change to any of the travel intinerary entries, you have to delete the old entry and create an entirely new one. It'd be nice if there was an option to just go in a edit the entry in the case there is a mistake or plans change.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been completed. We’ve added some new options to the Availability Locking feature in your System Settings that now allow you to be more flexible when locking availability. You can now choose to lock availability (1) as soon as scheduled, (2) only while assignments are unaccepted, (3) only if assignments are unaccepted or declined, (4) never. A System Update with full details will be published shortly. Thank you for the idea.

18. Better User Groups

Now that you have auto-assigning functionality (still love where you're taking this), it might make sense to look at how groups are created and managed.

For instance, I use groups for the auto-assigning.

I have 6 different groups that represent the highest levels an official can do -- each official belongs in one group only.

Right now, there doesn't seem to be a way to see who is in what groups, and find officials that we haven't yet placed in a group for auto-assigning purposes.

It would be great if there was a screen or a way to see all…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been completed. You may now view all the groups that a user belongs to by clicking on their name and viewing their Mini Profile. This will display a list of all their group memberships. Additionally, we’ve now also provided an option in the Contact Groups section for you to view a list of all the officials that are not currently in any contact groups and quickly add them to a contact group so no one falls through the cracks. A System Update will be published with further details. Thank you.

19. TBA Request Email when not assigned a game

Send out email to officials who requested a game, but did not receive the game because it was assigned to another official.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A new option when completing TBA assigning will now allow you to choose whether or not you want to notify your unassigned TBA respondents that they didn’t get the game. Some schedulers prefer NOT to notify their respondents, but we do see the need to notify the respondents, if desired. Now the system will do that automatically when you completely fill a game. Thanks for the idea. Enjoy!

20. TBAs on iPhones

I have asked before, but could we have the ability to see and respond to TBAs on iPhones on the mobile app?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?