We provide additional data retention options via our Extended Archiving add-on to organization administrators which allows for longer retention periods for an additional fee. Individual users that want game and/or assignment data recovered from outside of this retention period may contact support to request an archive spreadsheet export of their game schedule for a fee of $87.50 USD per export generated. Users must have an active user account with related organizations & all relevant account permissions to obtain this data. We do not guarantee recovery of data outside this retention period, but can accommodate most requests for data from our backup systems, for a fee of
$87.50 USD per export generated.
Other non-game data items get deleted from the system and are not retained as well. This includes availability, memos, forum posts, ratings, incident reports and game counters.
- Availability is only saved for 3 months into the past.
- Memos are saved for 12 months into the past.
- Forum Posts are saved until the forum topic has had no responses for 12 months.
- Ratings & Evaluations are only available to be viewed for your "Current Season"
- Game Reports are only available to be viewed for your "Current Season"
- Game Counters are only available to be viewed for your "Current Season"
- Incident Reports are only available to be viewed for your "Current Season"
- Payroll Adjustments are only available to be viewed for your "Current Season"
- Teams, Leagues, Game Codes & Positions are retained indefinitely while an organization retains an active subscription.
- Sent Messages are only saved for 1 year into the past.
You can view details about how your "Current Season
" is set at this support article
Data Backup & Recovery
Our system retains backup copies of your data for our own internal disaster recovery usage to ensure our systems will continue to operate in the rare occurrence of a catastrophic event. We do not
retain data backup copies that are available to you or any other end-user in the event that you make a mistake on the system or want to recover from a specific user action. You are responsible for downloading your own backup copies of data if you need to recover, correct a mistake or undo a user action that you or any of your other users make on our systems. We do not provide recovery services for changes or modifications that you or any other user makes to the system.