When referencing "Business Days" in the Horizon Payment Center, we are referencing the business operating days that are defined by the banking institutions involved in payment transactions. Typically, this is Monday through Friday, excluding US Federal Holidays. Your individual banking institution may vary from "normal" business days, but most banking institutions follow this practice.
- Transactions do not process holidays and these days are excluded from transaction processing timelines.
- Transactions are not processed on Saturdays or Sundays and these days are also excluded from transaction processing timelines.
US Federal HolidaysBanking transactions are not conducted on US Federal Holidays and do not count towards any transaction timeline.
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. (Third Monday in January)
- Washington's Birthday (Third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Columbus Day (Second Monday in October)
- Veterans Day (November 11)
- Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
Processing Cut-Off TimeFinancial transactions are processed up until 5:00pm ET (America/New_York). Any transactions initiated before the cut-off time will be included on that business day's batch processing. Any transactions initiated on a non-business day or initiated on or after the cut-off time will be processed on the next available business day.