- $0.85 per payment
The transaction fee for making electronic payments via the Payment Center $0.85 USD per payment issued. Each recipient is considered a "payment issued". For example, if you make 1 bulk payment that includes 10 recipients, that would be counted as 10 payments and the fee would be $8.50 USD (10 * $0.85 = $8.50). The transaction fee is assessed regardless of the outcome of the transaction (successful, cancelled or failed).
One-Time Setup Fees
Beginning in November 2018, a setup fee will be required for new users wishing to start using the Payment Center. This is a one-time only fee and not an annual fee.
- Payment Senders: $50 USD
- Payment Receivers: $10 USD
Reversal & Rejection FeesA reversal fee is applied if a transaction is returned or rejected for any reason. The fee amount varies, based on the reason for the rejection. In addition to the reversal fee, you will also be responsible for any funds that were part of the returned/rejected transaction and any processing fees necessary to recover the funds or the reversal fee. In most cases, you won't need to worry about this unless you try to send money when you're not authorized to do so or don't have enough funds to cover the transaction. If you consistently experience rejections or your Horizon Balance becomes negative due to any reversal, your payment center account and/or your entire Horizon account along with any Horizon subscription may be suspended. Reversal fees are typically assessed to the Payment Sender's account. Payment Senders can choose the pass the fee along to Payment Receivers if the reason for the rejection is due to something on the receiver's end. This would be up to the Payment Sender to decide and handle on their own, most commonly using Payroll Adjustments on the system.
- Insufficient Funds: $15 + processing fee + account temporarily disabled
- Authorization Revoked: $50 + processing fee + transaction funds + account suspended
- Payment Stopped: $50 + processing fee + transaction funds + account suspended
- Bank Advises Unauthorized: $50 + processing fee + transaction funds + account suspended
- Non-Transactional Account: $5 + processing fee
- Closed Account: $15 + processing fee + account temporarily disabled
- Disputed or Rejected Setup Fee: $25 + processing fee
+ account temporarily disabled
- No account/Unable to locate account: $5 + processing fee + bank account removed
- Invalid account number: $5 + processing fee + bank account removed
- Bank account closed: $5 + processing fee + bank account removed
- Other Rejections: $15 + processing fee
Some reversals may result in your payment center and/or your entire Horizon account being suspended or your bank account being removed. Below are the most common rejection reasons that may affect your account.
|Return Code||Description||Account Deactivated||Bank Unverified||Bank Removed|
|R02||Bank Account Closed||No||Yes||Yes|
|R03||No Account/Unable to Locate Account||No||Yes||Yes|
|R04||Invalid Bank Account Number Structure||No||Yes||Yes|
|R06||Returned per ODFI’s Request||No||No||No|
|R07||Authorization Revoked by Customer||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|R10||Customer Advises Not Authorized, Improper, or Ineligible||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|R16||Bank Account Frozen||Yes||No||No|
|R23||Credit Entry Refused by Receiver||No||Yes||Yes|
|R29||Corporate Customer Advises Not Authorized||Yes||Yes||Yes|