Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

This forum is where you can submit ideas you may have for future improvements to our software systems. All ideas submitted are received and read thoroughly and repeatedly. We do not provide individual responses or detailed status updates on feature suggestions, but all your ideas are valued and considered. Some ideas take just a few days, some will take years, and some may not happen, but they all start by submitting them here. Any ideas you have are welcome!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

365 results found

1. filter out emails for request form users based on distance

filter out emails for request for officials based on distance

It's foolish to get requests for an official when you live 400 miles away!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Have the ability to bill a league for a canceled game without paying the officials

This idea may have already been suggested but I have not been able to find it. What I would like to be able to do is charge a league for a canceled game but not have to pay the officials for the game. This feature could also be used to charge a league a late game add fee without having to go manually update the billing information for one of the officials. I would like to see this added to the "Game Detail" window similar to where the "Notes" are. The feature could resemble the "Pay Adjustment" feature for the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Change Calendar Event Titles

Not sure if this is set by the system, or the local association, but having every single Event Title show "Game Assignment: [Insert officiating association name]" is very unhelpful. Especially for mobile views, being able to have the Ice Rink that the game is be the first part of the title is a huge help for me. I know which association I'm part of, so that info could go into the Event Details instead of the title.

Instead of:
    Title: Game Assignment: Treasure Valley Ice Hockey Officials Association

I would like this:
    Title: Officiate at CenturyLink Arena

We have a…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature already exists. You can customize your event title that is populated to Google Calendar from within your Personal Profile using the Settings button next to the Google Integration option. To accomplish what you want, you would enter Officiate at {location} into the title section and the system will enter the exact title you’re looking for and will dynamically replace {location} with the location name of your assignment. Thank you.

6. Observer Evaluations by Selection

Often times we have officials on site prior or post to games in progress. A nice feature would be to select individual officials to have "observer" status or evaluation capability on selected games. Rather than having to issue an official a general observer status site wide.

in this way, if we have experienced officials on site prior to any assignments they may have. Can take the time to submit evaluation(s) of ongoing games.

A tag/icon potentially in the game details where we can pull down from the officials list a name and it will open up the evaluation option to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

What you’re describing already exists via the Fellow Officials Ratings system. Instead of using the Observer Ratings system which is open for observers to evaluate any game, you would use the Fellow Officials Ratings system to “assign” the observer to a specific game and then require them to submit an evaluation for only the games they are assigned to. Thank you for submitting an idea.

7. Create an individual assignment history link

Create a function that allows an assignor to click on the name of an available official (that he/she does not know) and quickly see a history of assignment levels worked by the individual, even if assigned by others. This would help to identify if an individual has prior experience in similar/comparable game levels and eliminate the need for an assignor to leave their scheduling screen and view a public schedule of the individual's history and streamline the scheduling process a bit.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Exportable Availability Tracker

Can you set up a system where I can export all games and available referees for any given day to Excel or something. Something that would list referees down one side and all required games on another. Then shade out what they either aren't available for or don't meant the manual ranking score for? Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "Un-Link Feature"

There should be a way to unlink games in case they are linked by mistake. I only ask because there have been too many times where I try to re-link games together after making this mistake and it still does not fix the problem. It only makes sense to have a function to unlink games.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Manually override mileage distance

Allow the mileage to be manually overridden. This will solve problems where the amount to be paid for mileage is the same from town to town (no matter the officials location within that town).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s not possible to override the actual calculated mileages, but a feature already exists that will handle this situation. If you want to pay officials from a certain area the same amount for traveling to a certain location, you would use Flat-Rate mileages and set a distance range that the reimbursement amount applies for.

13. Allow for Use of Different Users

We would like to have different labels for users that we can assign to games. Specifically:

• "Officials"...we use now, but lets call them "Member Officials". This would be used for fully registered local officials.

• "Scorekeepers" ... let's call them Off-Ice Officials or Scorekeepers. This would be used for names specifically and exclusively assigned as scorekeepers with our clients. They need to be separated out from our Member Officials.

• "Guest Officials" ... let's call them Guest Officials. These names would be for guest accounts for NON-registered members of our association, ie out of town official.

All three pools of Officials need…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. differentiate between boys and girls officials

Our association assigns both boys and girls lacrosse tournaments. we need a feature where by when the officials register they can check if they are a boys or a girls lacrosse official. We should be able to create that for the form when they register.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature already exists. You can defferentiate between boys and girls officials using a number of different features. You can use the Game Code or Position block systems to classify and rule-out ineligible officials. You can also use the Custom Profile Fields option to collect information from your officials.

15. mass deletion of schedule

In the event of a rain out of an event, assignors should be able to mass delete all games for that day at the appropriate venue(s) so that we don't have to go game by game to delete each game.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Changing availability after accepting a schedule game

I was assigned a game and I wanted to block out my availability for the remainder of the day and it doesn't appear that I can do that. Not having the ability to modify my availability for a day that I have an assigned game seems insufficient. Some weeks after being assigned a game I may not want to be available for any more games. When I'm assigned a game how does that effect my availability?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature actually already exists, however, it is controlled by your scheduler. If you are not permitted to change your availability after being scheduled, it is because your scheduler is not allowing you to do so. They do have the option to lift this restriction, but it would be at their discretion. Hope that helps.

TREVOR
    Technical Support

17. If individual has a game at that time somewhere else remove their ability

If I have someone scheduled for a game do not allow me to double book someone. Remove their availability if they have a game already.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we have decided not to incorporate this option. There are instances when officials wish to remain available for some organizations even if they already have a game. For this reason we leave it up to the official to decide how they wish to handle their calendars, but assignors are always made aware of potential conflicts via the conflict warnings systems in place that will fully provide schedulers with the details of their other assignments that may be a conflict.

18. Include Game Details in a Game Export Report

It would be helpful to include game details in a Game Export Report
    - Game Created Date/Time by Whom (most important at the moment)
    Other fields could include:
    - Assignment Published Date/Time
    - Game Accepted Date/Time
    - Game Turnbacks/Declines

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. when you have more then1 game

when you have more then 1 game instead of having to go back to schedule being able to just assign refs multiple games

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. GPS Cooridants

Since you use Google maps why not allow the GPS coordinates of used to locate a specific field at locations with multiple fields.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?